Monday, February 28, 2011

DIY Glitter Flats

So recently I saw this post; http://www.wearenotmartha.com/2010/12/make-your-own-glitter-flats/
And decided I could do this myself. So this week flats are on sale at Target and I thought what better time?
So here's what I started with....

-Shoes
-Modge Podge
-Two different Glitter colors, because I liked the pink one, but thought it needed more silver.
-Two small sponge brushes
-Two paper plates
-Something to mix the glitter and glue together
This is what they looked like after the first coat, still wet. I really glopped it on.

I had a helper... but I think he was more interested in getting into things than helping. But he's cute so I'll let it slide.
It got a little messy! Don't be afraid of really loading the glitter into the glue. I put on two thick coats and that seemed to do. I waited for it to dry completely before adding coat two. I used about half of my Modge Podge and about half of one glitter bottle.
Ta-Da! They are done and dry. Since I already had the modge podge it only costed me about $18. I think they turned out great, and plus now I get to brag that I made them!

1 comment:

Blueeyedtimothy said...

YEAH! For Glitter Shoes!